Saturday, March 17, 2012

One EXTRA day in Paradise

 So after we got married we didn't have time to go on a real Honeymoon because I had to start school again on January 3rd. We had already planned to go to Cabo San Lucas on my Spring break and we just got back! 
We arrived to our hotel a little in shock at how nice it was because it was a surprise to the both of us since it was a RCI gift. This is a picture of half of the place, it was called Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach. It is like a little village, with condos and houses too. We felt a little out of place with all of the old, wealthy retired couples, but it was so wonderful! We decided to live it up while we could because we both knew we would not be able to do something like this again for a long long time!
 The lady at the front desk knew it was our first time there and that it was our honeymoon so she gave us a suite right on the beach. Our room is the last two patios on the bottom floor in the picture.
I loved eating breakfast out on the patio and being right on the beach, I told Jake we need to live in California because I LOVE the ocean!
Here are a few more pictures of where we stayed, sorry there is a lot. It was hard taking pictures of us because we always had to ask someone to take it or do the timer so I felt like I took a lot of other things, but there is some of us so keep scrolling.




They had like 5 pools, but we spent most of our pool time here, the ends of my hair turned a little green because I was always in the pool, so I bought some Suave swimmers shampoo when I returned.

The landscaping was beautiful, with birds everywhere and awesome flowers.



 
When they cleaned our room they put fresh flowers on our table and made cute towel animals for us!
There is just something about Sunsets and the beach that I love!

So we went to the timeshare meeting to get some of the free perks, a really good breakfast, food vouchers at the hotel and discounts on activities. The salesman wouldn't take no for answer and Jake did a really good job acting and made him think he was really interested, he even had me thinking that he might buy one. I had to be the bad guy and say No, and after leaving us twice to think about it and get on the same page, he finally accepted are NO answer and told us to enjoy the rest of the honeymoon and not be in a fight, Jake sure fooled him! The awkwardness was worth it because we got our goods! How funny would that be to leave and come back and tell our family we bought a timeshare! 

Here are some of our fun adventures!

Oh the horrible angle looking up shot, but self timer was the best we could do!


Pretty blurry, but we ate here almost every night, where we did have the best shrimp tacos we have ever had. We also found out that the market at the resort had the BEST peach and pineapple juice ever. Jake is a juicaholic and he was downing that stuff!

More self timer:)


This was probably my favorite, walking out at night with a blanket to the beach to eat our dessert! Chocolate cookies for Jake and coconut cake for me! I am pretty sure we had dessert every night! Don't judge us, we could have gained a couple lbs. 


Our zip line adventure crew!

Great sushi on the beach front
Beginning our snorkeling adventure. Word to the wise wear sun glasses in the picture......it makes you look better:) The famous arch on Lover's beach is in the background. 



Right before entering the deep blue sea. 

Ok if you look closely I promise its a whale, I wished I would have gotten a picture of it flipping it's tail up, but I am not that good of a photographer!
One night we decided to head into town to get some real mexican cooking and ate at Panchos! It was fabulous, sorry Cafe Rio, but you now have some competition on your tortillas!
Parasailing was actually really cool, we both couldn't believe how high you got!

 

So on Saturday we played beach volleyball and since we won we got free drinks at the pool bar! My drink was supposed   to be lemonade, but after one drink it definitely didn't taste like lemonade. 

The last night we decided to get room service, and yes I know that you are thinking that is a lot of food for two people

So the trip was absolutely wonderful, but now for the funny part. So before the trip I thought that we were always going from Sunday to Sunday. I was in charge of all of our passports and important papers and I kept them in the safe in our room. When we checked in the lady said that check out was at 11 O'clock on Sunday which just reaffirmed my belief we were there til Sunday. So in order to get transportation to the airport you had to do it a day in advance, so I told Jake to go schedule it and I would meet him at the pool. I looked at the airfare, which was folded in a trifold manner, so the day of the return flight was on the top part and I just opened the middle to see the time (I know you are thinking how I could make a mistake like this and I don't really know) and he went to book it. So Saturday we had a wonderful relaxing day of  being at the resort all day, playing some beach volleyball and staying in for room service and a movie. Little did I know that my mom was having a heart attack at home. Sunday morning came and we planned to pack up and go have breakfast before our flight. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I heard Jake in the other room say, "are you kidding me?!" I ran in to see what he was talking about and he was pointing to our airfare and said, "Our return flight is for March 10th, yesterday!" I started shaking and crying, and thought how the heck are we going to get home. After some consoling from Jake we knew we would laugh about this later, just not til we figured out how we could get home. I made an expensive call from the hotel and my mom answered and in a frantic voice said where are you?! I told her what had happened and I am sure she thought we had gotten abducted by Drug lords and were stuck in the middle of no where, but no we were just living it up one extra day. She said she and my dad didn't sleep the night before when we she called us a thousand times and we didn't answer our phones, so she called the airlines who told her we were not on the flight. She called Jake's parents, who told us they didn't sleep that night either. My sister said she didn't sleep either and was freaking out and Face-booking my friends in Az to see if we made it home. We ended up getting a knew flight and still made it home around the same time we had planned on, thanks to my mom. We were very sorry by making everyone worried sick, but secretly we enjoyed that extra day very much. I wish I could say I did it on purpose to not feel as stupid and avoid some ridicule, but It will always be a funny memory of how we spent one extra day in paradise!

6 comments:

  1. Resort looks amazing! Food looks delish! Cute little married couple! Can't wait for you to buy a timeshare there and take me sans baby and Randy if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun!! I'm jealous! That story is funny, so something I would do! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, Dawson and I were cracking up reading this! That is so so funny, and your trip looked SO amazing. Glad you guys had a fab honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you two thought it was funny, at the time I was hyperventilating, but now we both think about it and just laugh! I hope all is well with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures, keep them coming, and i might have just been crying cause i was laughing at the "extra day" story. Matt was really hoping you guys escaped from the drug lords, and you would have obtained super honeymooners status!

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, you are the best ever! I am glad you got home safely and still got an extra day in paradise. You and Jake look like you had a blast. Love you so much. That resort looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete