Sunday, April 8, 2012

Camping and Easter

 Jake LOVES camping (I mean look at that excited face below), and I do too, but are loves are a little different. I love campfires and tinfoil dinners, smores and being outside, but I hate hate hate bugs and love my bed so my perfect camping scenario is not more than two nights. We ordered some sweet sleeping bags that are also very cute I might add, Jake had been begging to go so we headed up to Tortilla flats Friday after school.  The only camping supplies we have are sleeping bags so we thought we would sleep in the back of the Exterra and we would be golden. Next time we will need some sleeping pads!

Our cute Marmot bags, the bed looks comfy, but my back doesn't do so well on plastic!

Our campsite, pretty sorry, next on Jake's list is a tent, and some chairs.

The site was really pretty and two miles away from an awesome lake, made us miss boating!


I did make some pretty tasty tinfoil dinners, Jake was a little surprised to find chicken instead of hamburger though, but he loved his all the same. 
Oh just Bear Grylls searching for firewood in the wild.


I somehow forgot the plates so we used cardboard and I was worried that my dinner wouldn't be cooked all the way through so I set it basically in the flames, the bottom was burned, Jake's was cooked to perfection though.  
So on the way back we decided to eat breakfast at this little ghost town called Tortilla Flats. We were only thirty minutes from where we live, but if felt like we were in the middle of hick ville. The people we saw were pretty funny and the whole town was pretty interesting as well. We ate at this little bakery below.

So the town had a live reptile and arachnid exhibit. Jake has a phobia of snakes and I have a phobia of spiders and they are both pretty bad, so what did we decide would be fun........visit this place to see some creepy and crawly things.


Seriously looking at these things make me physically shiver. The lady assured me they are harmless unless you bother them, but what does she know she has a hobby of breeding tarantulas, I am telling you we saw some interesting people in this place. 
HAPPY EASTER! 
I love all Holidays, but especially Easter. I am so grateful to be a member of the church and to have a Savior who loves all of us!
So this was our first Easter together and our first away from our families, I did miss the money egg hunt my parents usually do for us, you would think I am too old for Easter egg hunts huh.
I love surprises and Jake just wanted me to buy a book he wanted for his Easter (lame). Anyways we decided to each write a list of possible items for an Easter basket and then put a price limit and then you could choose from the list and buy a basket to put it in. Jake is like a little kid when it comes to this and wanted to do Easter last night, I told him he needed to learn patience and that it wasn't Easter yet. So this morning he made me open it up because he said I would want to do it before church. 

Jake definitely went way over the price limit we set, You were supposed to pick like two not all and more, but I do love the dress he picked out and I wore it to church, I felt like I was a little girl again with an Easter dress. He even got the nail polish right, O.P.I. I also can't wait to use some of those coupons

He decided instead of an Easter basket to get me a cute basket I could use in the house, he is so smart!

On Jake's list was for me to quit PA school, I wish! His basket did include a lot of coupons, and yes one did include one night of fun filled with NO homework, It was the closest thing to quitting school. He also asked for Cafe Rio for dinner and foot massages, he doesn't need a coupon for that I do those anyway.

Happy Easter to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love the camping gear, and the tin foil dinners look amazing. Linds you are so cute! I miss your beautiful face. I love your Easter ideas. It sounds like you're having a blast together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete