Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cooking 101

Jake and I went to Orson and Gygis last night for the Valentines Date night with Kim Warren. I am not a cook at all, if anything I like to bake, so we were in for an eventful night.
On the Menu
Pork Roast with Shallot and Apple Gravy
Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
Roasted Winter Veggies
Barefoot Contessa's Strawberry Scones
Quinoa Pilaf
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

When we arrived we had different stations set up, we picked the dessert because it looked the easiest and I did not want to ruin part of the meal for everyone else in the class. Surprisingly, the macaroons were pretty easy and turned out great. We had so much fun and the meal was delicious.  I left with not only an overly full stomach, but some cooking tips to try out when I decide to try cooking again, which probably won't happen until we move out of my parent's basement.  







BONE APPETIT

My favorite of the meal would have to be the mushroom soup, which I devoured before I got a picture, and the strawberry scones were awesome! If you have never been to Orson and Gygi's I highly recommend going to check out there cute and unique products.  The cooking classes are so fun and they have tons of different options! Thanks Heather!


2 comments: