Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quarter of a Century

    I turned 25 last week and boy does that feel old. When I was younger I always thought of 25 being like a mom age or like a business woman for some reason and it seemed forever away. Now that it is here I still feel like I just graduated from high school and I will probably always feel that way. At least I do not currently have kids, I can barely take care of myself it seems. 
    Anyways I love Birthdays and I love celebrating other people's birthdays and ever since I explained to my dad what a golden birthday was two years ago when it was mine, he thinks I go a little over the top, which may be true. It seemed like my Birthday just wasn't a day, but a whole week. I have so many wonderful friends and family members that made my Birthday special and I am grateful for all of them.  
    It started off with a shopping trip down to the outlets with my mom to meet Jenn!! We had a lot of fun and got some cute things!
 I love this girl, we have been best friends since 2nd grade Mrs. Johnson's class and ever since then I convinced her to go to Albion instead of churchill and then we went to high school together and then I made her come up to USU with me! The spa called and ruined her  surprise for me, but she is spoiling me with a Vella Shape treatment and facials together next week!
I ended up buying myself a Birthday present too. Jake and I have just used a metal frame for our bed since we have been married, so I decided to splurge and buy a bed frame and I love it!

Tuesday Sarah and I both didn't have work so we went and got pedicures!


Sarah is also aware of how much I love dessert so she introduced me to THE CHOCOLATE! It is the cutest little dessert cafe around and if you have not been I highly recommend going soon!
It is a little cottage with the cutest decorated rooms to relax and indulge in a treat. 




 
We got Sarah's favorite cake and a tasty cazookie and is was absolutely delish. Thanks for introducing me to that place Sar, love you!!
The day of my birthday I had to work and then I came home to a decorated bedroom and tons of frooties on my Bed, I love those things. He couldn't wait for me to open my present and now I know why. We celebrated with sushi, a chick flick and frozen yogurt!
He got me my very own Shellac system and I was so surprised!
I had mentioned a couple of times that I wanted one I could do at home, but I never thought Jake was paying close attention. My friend in Arizona had one, but her lamp was tiny and you could only do one finger at a time and she said not to waste my money unless I could get a good one. I knew that the good lamps were pretty expensive, but Jake did a lot of research and found this lamp from the salons and used my friend's license to buy it. I can't tell you how excited I am to use it!!!!!!!

Sorry the picture is kind of blurry, but I finished off the week with a wonderful girls date with my wonderful mother in law, sister in law and cute niece Saiger for lunch at kneaders and a shopping trip.

 It was a great Birthday!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday! You deserve it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete