Thursday, September 5, 2013

Newport Beach

Newport Beach holds a special place in my heart. We grew up going there every UEA in the fall and then as we got too into fall sports we had to take a hiatus. It had been a few years since going so we decided to start up the tradition again and take a family trip. We decided to change it up and not stay at the usual condo and we stayed in this adorable beach house North of the Newport Pier. The house came equipped with games, movies, beach toys, bikes, surf boards and boogie boards and we absolutely loved it. After taking my boards exam in Arizona, I was in desperate need of a vacation so I flew into California that evening. My older brother flew in from Chicago to meet us and the rest of the family that road tripped it. Jake however chose to go on a hunting trip with his dad and brothers, I am not sure who chooses hunting over Newport, but he missed out.
There was a separate back house behind the main house, which was perfect for my parents to stay in.





































This little girl is four years old and has been to Disneyland five times, just a tad spoiled I think. However, this Bippity Boppity Boutique is so magical, you pick a princess dress and then different packages to be pampered  with hair, make up and nails. Seriously every little girls dream!







This guy should listen to his Dermatologist son and wear sunscreen.

One of our favorite things was going to play glow in the dark Bocce ball at night on the beach!



This lightening Mcqueen ride was awesome and it was a good thing we didn't have to wait in line for an hour and a half to get on it. The one good thing that has come from my mom's stupid surgery was a handicapped pass.









The star fish and crabs my brothers caught!



We had a great trip and can not wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I am so glad you are done with school so you can blog more!!! Looks like such a fun trip, I think you definitely made a better decision than Jake. And P.S. I just do all my pics for my blog stuff on PicMonkey, it's a free website for editing pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DISNEYLAND! was that your first time seeing cars land? is it not amaaazing?!

    ReplyDelete