Friday, August 30, 2013

Once an Aggie Always an Aggie



     To say my family are just USU fans would be an understatement! My family is from cache valley and my Grandpa was a professor there that now has a veterinarian science building named after him. My uncle played basketball for them back in the day. My dad was student body president and my mom was head song leader when they met each other, so I have grown up as an Aggie. Our family is still really close to my parents group of Aggie buddies that we grew up with. My dad and his buddies will still act like they are in college and have traveled to the WAC tournament and bowl games together, which is actually kind of funny. My sister was the assistant coach for the gymnastics team for a little bit. 

    What mostly changed my blood Aggie blue is that I played soccer there for four years! I loved my time up at Utah State and had such a wonderful experience playing soccer there. I don't think I would have such a successful career if I ended up going somewhere else and now when I go visit I can still see my picture in the Hall of Fame which is kinda cool! 
    Anyways, I am not going to sit here and gripe and moan about how we should have won the game because we made plenty of mistakes. In fact I cheer for Utah, just not when they are going against my Alma Mater. To be honest I am just happy that we can hold our own now and make games exciting and close with our instate rivals. When I was there our Football team was HORRIBLE, like dead last and would get blown out by Utah or BYU, so it is now fun to cheer for a good team! Now I just hope they beat that team down south that stole our shade of blue!!
                                       So no matter win or loose, I am happy to be an Aggie.


No comments:

Post a Comment