Sunday, July 17, 2011

Done and Done

Ok Syd so this post (well it will actually be a lot of little posts to catch up, so do not expect this much too frequently) is dedicated to you! Now you can stop checking a blank blog because my parents brought my camera cord! Lets just hope that I can figure out how to use this thing since my sister is the one that set everything up for me.

So I have been out in Arizona a little over 1 month and I cannot believe it. I am going to tell the truth and say that it has been rather hard. I think that I cried every night the first week, maybe some other times which is really weird because those of you who know me well are aware that I never cry:) So school is pretty intense and it makes me feel like I hardly studied in college, but it is really interesting. I made it through my first tests and did really well on the midterms, so I guess it isn't that bad as long as you study some everyday.  I am not sure why I am laying seductively in front of the sign, but here is my first night in AZ! Here are also a couple pics of my room, a big shout out to Jake for spending hours putting my furniture together. However, maybe the Ikea people should think about adding words to their directions.



So I have definitely missed my friends and family back home and have been reminded how awesome they all are! Luckily, these three chicas have made my transition here so much better. Jessie is from Idaho and actually went to USU. We didn't know each other, but come to find out we were in the same Biochem class our last semester. She said she recognized me because I would always come to class right when it started in my USU soccer clothes. This is true, especially wearing my big puffy coat in the winter. Alex is from Kansas City and without her I think that I would be failing Medical Spanish. Ashley is from Arizona and definitely provides comic relief and the best stories to our endless study sessions. After midterms we decided to get out of the 115 degree weather and head to this ghetto water park, lets just say this place made Raging Waters look like the four seasons.


Last weekend I went and saw my friend from college who just recently moved to Scottsdale. Halls is such an awesome person and it was so good to see a familiar face.We had such a fun evening and it ended with the best thing ever.......frozen yogurt. Since this blog is called Bear Necessities (my family nickname is Bear if you didn't know) and one of my life necessities is Frozen Yogurt! We went to Yogurt land and I got my all time favorite flavor Coconut along with some granola and a few teddy grahams on top. Yogurt land is definitely one of the better yogurt establishments and I will not be disclosing how many times I have been there.


I had my first visitor!! So everyone else who is reading this, Jesse is now my favorite. Just kidding, but seriously. I picked him up late Friday and had nonstop fun until he left today. We went to the pool, went shopping at the Banana Republic sale, went to Joes Farm Grill, which was featured on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives on the Foodnetwork which means it was unreal! Of course we had to go to the bakery next store to share a famous cupcake, this place won cupcake wars on the Food Network. If anyone knows how to explain what Boston Cream Pie tastes like let me know because the lady selling us the cupcake couldn't. We played a great game of volleyball even though our team got smothered by real players.....obviously not fair. The night finished with an extremely awkward event..... stopping by what we thought was a pool party that turned out to be a small gathering of people who looked at me like I was a crazy person when I walked in and introduced myself. At least Jesse stole some drinks as we left to make it worth it and the memory will make me laugh forever. I have known Jesse since we were little 2nd graders and he probably knows me more than he wanted to after this sleepover weekend! I hope he had fun because I loved it and at least my parents are coming today so I have more visitors!




Jesse also came down for his mission presidents farewell in Scottsdale and after finding out his house did not have ESPN(weird) and getting a text that said it was tied we drove to a fancy grocery store and watched the game at the wine bar. Jesse's face after that ridiculous shoot out. Watching games like that makes me want to play competitively again, I guess I will have to make friends with some soccer lovers and play indoor with other has beens!

Well after seeing all of those fun pictures I am sure whoever is watching will want to make the trek out here to visit, I will make your visit even better.

3 comments:

  1. one. i am sooooo glad you got a blog! and two you really did make me want to come visit! really though. you and jesse look like you had so much fun. sorry things are tough linds, but if anyone can handle it it's surely you. you are by far one of the strongest, smartest girls i have ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!! I will be your biggest blog fan from here on out. You look so cute in all of your pics. This makes me want to come visit even more and get some delish fro you. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I just might have to take a few days off. Seriously though. Keep the post and pics coming....preferably every day so that I can be entertained at work:) Oh...you should add the redheadclan.blogspot.com to your faves. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait to catch up. I want to come visit!

    ReplyDelete