Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shamu and fun with the Parents

So I am doing a little bit of catch up, but I have a feeling that it might usually be like that so maybe just get used to it! So when we first moved out here I had midterms then I had Thursday and Friday off of school and since Jake had not started work  yet we decided to be spontaneous and go to San Diego since it was only a little more than a five hour drive. We found a package deal on a hotel and two tickets to Sea World and packed up the car and headed out. We did the trip on gift cards and money from the wedding. We got there just in time for dinner and went to the Cheesecake Factory, courtesy of Jase and Dayna, and while we were waiting we headed to H&M to shop, courtesy of Mom for Christmas. We must have not been thinking because we both forgot our swimsuits so ran to Target and again used gift cards and Jake found a great looking Hawaiian one for 4 bucks! Jake and I have different philosophy's on gift cards, I think it is great thing to go out for a FREE dinner and he thinks that because you have a gift card it means that you can splurge and get more! Nevertheless it was an awesome first trip together!
 On our gondola ride over the bay, see how he is wearing his fish shirt to sea world.......I love him!

 SHAMU and friends


 We went to the pier and got Yogurt Land and Jake had the best flavor he has ever had, which is great for me because now I get an excuse to go there more!

So my parents drove out and brought us all of the stuff we couldn't fit in Jake's car and to celebrate my birthday! They are seriously the best parents in the entire world. They took us out and my mom took me to Target to get pillows, a rug, and things to spruce up the apartment. We went to the Desert Botanical Gardens which were pretty cool, but very overpriced for what you get I think!
 Look closely at my dad's face, he is the best!

We went to Scottsdale to go to a restaurant called Cowboy Caio's for my birthday and it was also pretty overpriced too, but I did have the famous Stenson Chopped Salad, one of the best salads I have ever had!

Thanks for a wonderful weekend parents, we love you and are so grateful for all you do to help us. You can ask Jake how I got homesick when they left!
Just so you know I plan some pretty fun weekends when we get visitors, so COME VISIT US!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having a blast. You are so beautiful! I love you and your parents so much! Have a great week Linds!

    ReplyDelete