Sunday, May 27, 2012

Prayers are Answered

I never like to read posts with not a lot of pictures, so I am sorry, but I have something very exciting to write about and the fact that prayers are answered because mine most definitely were! When I decided on which school to go to Physician Assistant school for I was deciding between one that would let me choose my own rotations for my second year and one that would not. Jake and I were dating and not quite sure of the future so I was trying to factor that into the situation as well. I had heard from a friend that another friend whom we went to high school with who was a first year in Arizona and was going to be able to come back to Utah to do a lot of her rotations. On our interview they told us explicitly that they would pick all of our rotations, so this was exciting news to hear about. I talked to her and I thought that there was a chance that I could come back and I felt so good about that school, so I decided to head to Arizona. The fact that I even heard from my friend about this situation seemed so random, but now I know it was a tender mercy. So for the past almost year I have been worried about my rotations because we had decided to get married in December and Jake would come out to Arizona and then go back to Utah in the fall for school and I would try and get my rotations in Utah. That was the "plan", but life never seems to go as planned. There were so many ups and downs where I thought I will be able to get my rotations in Utah and then we had this big meeting where they said their first priority would be to keep the students in Arizona and that they could only guarantee me one rotation back in Utah. 
    I would seriously get anxiety thinking about the fact that Jake would  be leaving me and I would be stuck here for a year! I gave them rotation contacts for all of the rotations I needed in Utah (with the help of my awesome dad) and couldn't only wait until the meeting where the verdict came. Of course that time was spent praying that it would all work out. One week ago we had that meeting and I was so nervous that when they passed out my sheet I stuffed it into my back pack without looking because I thought I would rather open it alone in the car where I could cry freely:) I got into my car and looked at my schedule and saw that I only had one rotation scheduled in Arizona and that all of my other ones were in Utah! I seriously couldn't believe it, at best I was hoping to get 3 or four in Utah not all of them but one! I seriously can't describe how grateful I was to my heavenly father for helping me out and having it work out to where I was able to come and be with Jake. I know that he hears our prayers and that they are answered, not always in the way we want, but this time they most certainly were!
This is one of my favorite pictures. I went to Africa with Mothers without Borders and met Kennedy the little boy in the picture. The worth of souls is great in the sight of God.


4 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for you linds! that's so exciting that you two will be heading back to utah soon! also, that picture is one of my favorites too. my mom has a signed copy hanging in our house. someday, somehow i will go to africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylee, I am so jealous you are going to India, you are going to have the time of your life. Hope you are having a fun summer, it looks like you are from all of your fun posts!

      Delete
    2. Linds, I am so happy for you. Your prayers are answered because you're such an amazing girl and are living righteously. I am pumped to see you at Bunco and even more excited to see you during rotations.
      Love you

      Delete
  2. Lindsey, this was a great post. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete