Thursday, August 23, 2012

Movin Back and our Family Trip to England!


     It has definitely been quite some time since I have posted so here is a recap. After 14 months of PA school and over 80 tests I finally finished the didactic year, but the award does not go to me however, but to my awesome husband. He knew that during midterm and finals week that I would be very moody and he would probably eat anything, but cereal. Good thing he is so easy going and supportive and would try to cheer me up when I got too stressed! We made Mesa, AZ our home for our first seven months of marriage and we loved it. However, I do regret not taking more pictures of our time spent there.

    So we made the long drive back and unpacked a little and then we got ready to leave for England with my family. My little brother Landon served in the Manchester mission so we first went up and toured that area. I love the English country side and driving through it on these little one way roads with all of the sheep totally reminded me of the movie three men and a little lady. We then went down to London the day after the closing ceremonies. We tried to get tickets to the gold medal soccer match, but we couldn't get any tickets:( The trip was a ton of fun!
Sorry for the picture overload!

We stayed at the cutest little bed and breakfast called Parr Hill Farm and here are some pictures of the cottages.


Every morning in this cottage we had a cute old couple make us the best breakfast!



Our nine passenger Volkswagen Van we drove around Northern England in.
We went to York, which was the cutest little town and saw the Minster Cathedral. I even got to catch a glimpse of a wedding in there.

The Shambles is this tiny skinny road with a bunch of old shops and places to eat, it was definitely like a Harry Potter road.

I want a bull dog!



We went to church in my little brother's favorite area in Liverpool and then stopped by this awesome international food market. My sister Dayna and her husband Jase picking out some Baklava.


Train ride to London.

Our lodging in London, definitely not recommended!!!



After a few days of walking everywhere I did become the typical tourist and wore tennis shoes with my jeans:)

Touring the FC Chelsea stadium!

The perfect soccer pitch to play on!



Landon in front of Buckingham Palace.

This store is pretty amazing, but definitely out of my price range!



Windsor Castle was probably one of my favorite places!

These guys seriously don't move!


Ladies my brother is single and down at BYU and pretty freakin awesome!

Kensington Palace gardens!


High Tea at the Orangery at Buckingham Palace, I loved it! Thanks Kristen for the recommendation.
My older Brother Dave and his wife Summer at Coventry Gardens!

The market at Coventry Gardens!
Sorry to share some of our pictures, but it was a fabulous vacation and now Jake and I are back to reality with work and studying ALL THE TIME! I started my first rotation this week and I am so tired. I have been used to sitting in class all day so standing all day has been killing my feet! It is definitely more exciting though, I am in Pediatrics and I helped with a circumcision yesterday!

2 comments: