Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Shout Out


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNE!!
 I wanted to give a Birthday shout out to one of my best friends in the whole world Sydne Porter Garner! I still remember the first time I met her, she guest played with our Avalanche soccer team in a tournament in Las Vegas. She had corn rows in her hair, was very intimidating and her first words to me were rather interesting, but our stories differ on how our first encounter happened (I think my story is correct). Lets just say after that I had no idea that we would be friends forever. We have been on so many vacations together and my family jokes that I am apart of the Abel Porter Entourage.....I like to think it is true. She is apart of some of my favorite memories and many included laughing so hard I cried! One of my fave memories was staying at the Grand Wailea in Hawaii, eating the best tuna melts ever and sipping coconut banana smoothies. Another favorite trip was our hike to Havasupi, pictured below. The hike out of that place was one of the worst experiences ever, and I was glad Randy was there to share it with me and complain! Even though Randy forgot the poles for the tent and my back was sore from sleeping on rocks, the trip was a blast and I am not the biggest fan of camping! Syd knows me better than anyone and she shares my love for treats, shopping, and cute unique cafes/restaurants. She is my go to girl when I need a restaurant recommendation and she keeps me up to date on pop culture by giving me all of her old magazines. She even gave me a nickname that I am not too happy about, but she is the only one that can call me that and I do not mind. She has been there through many tears and was my honorary mom many times throughout college, and made college soccer bearable at times. When she got married, I joked that I was their adopted child (see family picture below). I am so grateful for her in my life, love you Bestie!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the B-day shout out. You're seriously the best. Next year I will have a party at the Grand Wailea....until then we can just dream. Here's to another year.

    ReplyDelete