Sunday, July 31, 2011

All About People

Finals are this week and all I have done lately is study! Yesterday I was at the school and I needed a break so we went to this new place called Thrive for a bowl of heaven! 




I am sooooooo happy I found these. I was first introduced to Acai bowls in  Hawaii when my little brother was going to school there and my mom found these amazing acai bowls on the North Shore. When I came home I tried recreating them, and did a pretty dang good job, but now I found a place dedicated to them. They have the North Shore original and then a few more flavors that are all awesome. No, I have not gotten all of them (I know you were thinking that).....the four of us girls all got a different flavor so I tried them all. They list all of their nutrition facts and add in a bunch of healthy stuff, so it tastes amazing and is very good for you! What more could you want. So if you are ever in Mesa Arizona, you have to go to Thrive and try an Acai bowl!


So after this lovely venture I still needed a break from studying, I was going to go to the pool and study, but then some huge, gloomy rain clouds decided to rain on my parade, a rare occurrence here. What was the next logical option......shopping. I decided to go and LOOK at the nearby Anthropologie and then I came across some clothing items that had been marked down twice and were majorly on sale. When you come across a sale that good, especially at this store you must take advantage of it.  I ended up buying 5 shirts, two skirts and a swim suite coverup for a dang good price. My mom always tells me that just because something is on sale does not mean that I need to buy it. Most of the time she is right, but this time it was justified because I got a random, unexpected check from my old job. Hopefully she doesn't read this post, I do not know how it works, but sometimes shopping is just the thing a girl needs to make her feel better. Two of my purchases.
                 So now it is back to studying the process of putting a tootsie roll in my mouth and the physiology of it coming out the other end, I am sure you all wanted to know this. 
Speaking of my mom and finals, I am ELATED to come home ( I needed a stronger word than excited)! I will have been gone for two months and I cannot wait to be in good ole Sandy, Utah again. My dad sent me an email of pictures of the festivities I missed over the 24th of July and they made me get even more excited to see these two!


I can't wait to play everything princess with Miss Diva Avery and see how much little Cam is moving now. It is too bad I wont have much time with these two since they are moving back to Nebraska. Since being here I have come to more fully realize that life is really all about PEOPLE. I mean really think about your most recent best day and did you spend it all by yourself? I mean I had fun shopping alone, but it would have made it ten times better if Jenn was there shopping with me instead of both of us shopping separately while talking on the phone. That is really what makes life so enjoyable and I have some wonderful people in my life that I can't wait to see. 
Someone else that I cannot wait to see is this guy, it has been way too long!
DID I MENTION I WAS EXCITED TO COME HOME?!

1 comment: