Sunday, October 2, 2011

Forget Not What Matters Most

I haven't posted in a while because when I came back to Arizona to start the fall quarter I have had little time to do anything, but school! We have 11 classes this fall and Midterms are next week and I had some mini stress breakdowns realizing there isn't enough time to memorize all of the things I would need to know. I absolutely love Conference, especially fall conference for some reason. I love being with my family and having a big breakfast and going out with my mom to get pedicures while my dad goes to priesthood. This time my mind was more focused on my tests next week than what was most important. Listening to these amazing talks has helped me remember how important the gospel is and how it should ALWAYS be the center of my life. One point that Elder Eyring said really hit home and that was the fact that we made covenants as members of the church to be charitable, stand as a witness at all times, and to endure to keep the commandments and it doesn't matter what our circumstances are. No matter how busy I may think I am there are always ways to find the time serve and make time for what matters most! President Monson said it best when he said that the commandments are not suggestions, they are commandments. I am so grateful for conference for all of these reminders and the big reminder that God loves us, he is aware of us, he knows us by name, and he hears and answers prayers.
I love Christmas time at temple square!

1 comment:

  1. conference always helps me remember what is most important in life, which is why i'm so grateful we get to have it twice a year every year. i really loved president eyring's talk today. that story he told about speaking in the university really helped me understand the importance of standing up for what we believe in at all times, especially the times that are hard. good luck with all your midterms linds! i know you'll rock them all!

    ReplyDelete