Friday, February 3, 2012

Shower Mania

I will probably need to change the blog name because there is a new addition now. I have a lot of catching up to do! So I am officially married and living in Arizona with Jake and I love it!! The weather is perfect and we love our little apartment. The only problem is this whole school business is not working out too well, I don't want to study anymore and I just want to hang out with Jake. I came back from the break and barely passed my Pulmonary midterm (I mean barely) and did surprisingly well on my other ones since I studied maybe once over the break. I have finals coming up and need to somehow get focused or else my teachers are going to wonder why all of the sudden my grades tanked. (The program director tells you no big life changes during school, like babies and marriage, so it is kinda on the DL). Anyways marriage is more important than school, so I am learning to care less about those A's. Sad that it took me this long to figure out, but I know a few people that would finally be proud of me!
So before I post about the wedding and the new happenings as of late I will catch up on all of the wedding showers my friends and family threw for me. I didn't take any picture of the great shower Jake's Aunt threw for me or my Smart family shower or my Brough family shower, but they were all wonderful and everyone was so generous so THANK YOU!
Kristen hosted a shower for me with the help of Jennifer, Sarah, Whitney and Bryndy. Sarah and Whitney made the cutest invitations and Jenn made lots of great food, and Bryndy put on a fun matching game, thanks for all the people who made food and helped. The decorations were great. The food was awesome and the games and gifts were great, everything was perfect.




 Kristen made the cutest little favors with flower sugar cookies inside for everyone! She also made a thousand tissue balls for my wedding, she basically is the best and she definitely knows how to throw a party.










My ward shower was awesome too and I think my mom took a lot of pictures and I only had two, but it was a brunch and the food was the best. I honestly think some of the best food comes from church functions with those relief society women who know how to cook! My ward is so generous, I could not believe some of the gifts I got.

I went to the Dodo with some soccer girls and Syd and Lo made the cutest invitations, and no LO I will not be posting of the pictures of what you made me wear or what you made me drink from and especially not what you gave me, even though I loved it!
 My girlfriends in Az threw me a surprise bachelorette party before I came home to Utah. I was thinking it was a Christmas exchange and then it turned into a party complete with strawberry margaritas, ghetto rap music and dancing, and lingerie.




I got home for the break and had two more family showers (sadly no pictures) I am so grateful to be surrounded with so many wonderful friends and family that have given me so much support and love!
Well I will post about the wedding in about a month! Just kidding, I just got my wedding pictures in the mail and will post soon....that is right Syd. My new sister-in law Heather also said that if you live out of state you have to post more often too, and she is probably right!

2 comments:

  1. You have some darling friends. Congrats on the new married life, it's a whole new life trying to juggle life and spending time together!! Have fun! And enjoy it!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey! I am so happy for you and your marriage. You are such an amazing women I don't know how you do it all. Good luck with your finals you will do great I am sure of it. I know you are super busy, but I bet Jake is happy just to be with you.
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete